Marcia Cox, LUTCF, CMBS
Vice President, Business Development
Marcia has spent over 39 years as a licensed health insurance agent, billing, coding and practice management.
Prior to joining inHealth Medical Services, Marcia founded Physician’s Weight Management Centers and actively participated in the day-to-day practice of treating obesity in a medical setting.
Credentials and accreditations:
- Licensed health insurance agent and holds the designation of Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow (LUTCF)
- Certified self-funding specialist
- Certified corporate wellness specialist
- Certified medical billing specialist (CMBS)
- National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU)
- American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Medical Billers Association (MAB)
- American Telemedicine Association (ATA)
Marcia continues to keep current with the many changes in billing and coding, healthcare reform, specific to preventive benefits, the changes for wellness programs available through employer groups and the delivery of patient care through telemedicine and the virtual space.
Marcia has successfully implemented pilot studies with self-funded groups including municipalities, school districts and the American Indian Tribal community populations in Arizona.
Marcia is a past-speaker for the ASBP (now OMA) at conferences in Charleston, Las Vegas, Orlando and Costa Mesa. She has also presented for Contemporary Forum in New York and The Science and Business of Weight Management in Philadelphia.
Marcia was the first Chairperson for the ASBP’s Insurance Advisory Task Force.
Being able to see my doctor from my office makes it so easy to follow the weight loss program. Its been very easy to use and I've lost over 30 lbs.
Using the devices and the mobile app makes it so easy to upload my weight and activity to my health coach. I just love doing this through my phone!
The virtual health coaches are very knowledgable and are very good at creating meal plans. My plan fit my lifestyle and food preferences which makes it easy to follow.